GERMAN-AMERICANS IN MISSOURI AND
Updated Feb, 2017
- Germans in St. Louis - brief overview from the StL Genealogical Society
- Missouri Germans Consortium
- newsletter, events, history, geneaology
- German Cultural Society of St. Louis and St. Louis- Stuttgart Sister-City.
with resources, further clubs, events
- German-American Heritage Society of St. Louis
- Germans in St. Louis Group
- Germanic Genealogy Society of St. Louis
with events and resources
- UMSL German Culture Center
- Missouri History Museum
- St. Louis German Street Names
- Public Library Exhibit - German-Americans in St. Louis
- Peopling St.Louis: history of immigrant arrivals.
- Turnvereine in StL Part One and Two
- History of Anheuser-Busch: photo gallery, story of founder Adolphus
- Our St. Louis Strassenfest and Soulard Oktoberfest, also St. Charles, Belleville, etc.
- St. Louis German Catholics by Fr. Wm. Barnaby Faherty and former German Catholic parishes
- Das Katholische Deutschtum in St. Louis in seinen 20 Gemeinden.
- German churches in STL with timeline
- including Protestant denominations
- G&W Bavarian Style Sausage Company and Gus' Pretzels
- Schneithorst's Restaurant. One of the few German restaurants in town.
- St. Louis Gasthaus and RoemerTopf in Mascoutah and 6 Best German restaurants in St. Louis
- German School Association - language lessons for all ages. Highly recommended!
- German tutor and translator in St. Louis
- Stammtisch for speaking German.
Search the German
Heritage Collection: MO's largest collection of primary
Rootsweb: Missouri Genealogical Resources and more Genealogy
Manuscript Collection: papers of 1848 revolutionary Friedrich
HeckerU. of MO
Press: see works
by Adolf Schroeder, Ken Luebbering, Al Camigliano, Linda
The joys of living in a log
cabin 1840-1870. "A treasure trove of detail about daily
life, local customs and politics" & the story of the van
Drefeldt brothers by Ken Kronenberg.
An informal, but informative history of Germans in
Missouri and their impact.
Missouri bleibt in der Union. MO stays in the Union. Germans take over St. Louis armory.
Index to Missouri in the Civil War. Extensive. Rootsweb's Missouri in the Civil War.
Stephan Werly's diary: German-American soldier
in the 21st Missouri infantry. 1862-1864.
The Third Regiment Missouri Volunteers: Germans in the Civil War.
Christine Totten's Roots in the Rhineland is a good work for midwestern G-A history.
Deutschheim Historic Site in Hermann. Quarterly journal, Der Maibaum,
published since 1993.
Genealogy, Immigration, Civil War and other related resources.
Hermann, MO: home of the Oktoberfest and the Maifest, and
several German-founded wineries.
MO Mark Twain's That
Awful German Language. Comical literal translation from the German.
Deutsch Country Days: in Marthasville, MO. Mid-Ocober. . Old time arts, crafts, skills, food, etc.
Return to German Americana Page
Shea site total hits tracked since December 14, 2005